Re: Update for the gtkmm tutorial about Debian

Scribit Jonathon Jongsma dies 19/01/2006 hora 08:56:
> Thanks Pierre.  This is actually already changed in CVS, but the
> tutorial on the website hasn't been updated yet.

Great.

As I'm discovering Gtkmm, I must say I very enthusiastic about it,
because it seems to be the only C++ graphical toolkit out there that
really leverage all C++ capabilities and avoids C-isms like using
plenties of macros and so on (it also avoids adding a specific extension
to C++ in the form of a mandatory preprocessor...). [in fact, there are
surely many others, but not as far as maturity and stability are
concerned]

As I'm a great fanatic of OOP, I'm very critical about adherence to it's
paradigm and idioms. Is the Gtkmm team open to such critics, and willing
to improve the toolkit on this field? Or is it just open to critics and
patch but not willing to take time from other tasks for this particular
one? Or not willing to hear anything like "this could be more cleanly
object oriented here"?

I hope to be able to contribute as soon as possible to Gtkmm, on code
and documentation!

Gratefully,
Nowhere man
--