From: Paul Davis <paul@linuxaudiosystems.com>
To: jalqadir netscape net
Cc: gtkmm-list gnome org
Sent: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:14:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Gtkmm's Audio play class

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 07:24 -0500, jalqadir netscape net wrote:
> I would like to play a audio file when my application starts and ends,
> but I have not found a Gtkmm class that would do this, or help me do
> it.
> If Gtkmm does not support this feature, could someone please recomend
> a way to do it.

Gtkmm is a graphical user toolkit, not a desktop environment. Because of
this it makes no attempt to provide mechanisms for doing things that are
considered to be integration between an application and a desktop
environment. gtkmm is for drawing things on the screen and interacting
with user input.

GNOME and KDE are two examples of open source desktop environments; the
win32 API is another. You should look to these kinds of libraries/tools
for this functionality, not gtkmm.

--p

Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com