Re: keeping focus

In the Gtk::Button::signal_clicked callback slots for your various other buttons, add a statement that calls the Gtk::DrawingArea::grab_focus method for your DrawingArea subsequent to the other code that is in the callback slot..

Bob

Amadeus W. M. wrote:

I have a Gtk::Window and in it a DrawingArea and underneath the Darea
I have several other widgets (spin buttons, text entries, etc.). I want the Up and Down arrows to do something to the Darea when pressed repeatedly. The Darea has focus upon construction, but when I press e.g.
the Down arrow, it moves the focus from the Darea to the widgets below
it. What's the (right) way of keeping the focus onto the Darea?
As of now, the callback that handle the keyboard events is connected to
the Darea. Should I make the underlying window responsible for those?

begin:vcard
fn:Robert Caryl
n:Caryl;Robert
org:Fiscal Systems, Inc.
adr:;;102 Commerce Circle;Madison;AL;35758;USA
email;internet:bob fis-cal com
title:Senior Software Design Engineer
tel;work:356-772-8920 X108
x-mozilla-html:TRUE