Re: printing

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 12:03 -0600, Bob Caryl wrote:
> I was talking about my own test case wherein I opened the dialog in
> order to use the resulting configuration in creationn of the print job
> in the first place.  It was there that I was checking the return value
> of the run method.  In the example code that accompanied
> libgnomeprintuimm, the return value of the run method was ignored.

Yet, if you don't ignore it, as you now see in cvs, you see that it is
not always the same. Maybe there's a problem with your test.

[snip]

> That timing will work out well for me.  My printing needs are somewhat
> different from those of say, an editor or other document based
> application; therefore, programs using bonobo and so forth don't shed
> light on the part of the printing library that I needed...

I don't think bonobo has much to do with this.

> but it seems
> that I may not find what I'm used to (the windoz methodology) anyway.
>
> Thanks very much for the information!

By the way, in Glom, for now, I am "printing" to HTML and showing it in
the browser (which can print). If I had to release a commercial product
tomorrow then I would use libgnomeprint* fairly happily, but I'd rather
not waste time on code that I'd have to port anyway.

www.openismus.com