Gtkmm suitability for ARM

Murray,

Are your CVS changes at 2.8 level of code?  My understanding is that
at 2.8, gtkmm includes support for Cairo.  But Cairo is very floating
point intensive, which is not a good thing for an ARM processor.  For
that reason, I have been using gtk+ 2.6 so as to avoid any Cairo
changes in 2.8 of Gtk+.

For embedded development would you recommend sticking with 2.6 of
Gtkmm? (I assume this translates to 2.4 for debian).

Sean