Re: Ploting widget

Jonathon,

You cut it right to the point.  gnumeric and GtkExtra are not comparable.
gnumeric is an eye candy, whereas GtkExtra is for efficiency zealots:  it's
very minimalistic (requires only GTK+ to be installed) and good for real-time
plotting (which is what I myself am using it for).  I would highly recommend
using the recent CVS version of it, as the official one has memory management
problems.

There is also the (seriously lacking last time I checked) gtkmm-based and
qwt-inspired plotmm -- http://plotmm.sourceforge.net authored by one
of qwt developers who got displeased by the direction qwt has taken and,
in particular, by all these dependencies around it.

Finally, there is the GTK+-based GtkDatabox -- http://www.eudoxos.net/gtk/gtkdatabox/index.html .

Apologies for being a bit off topic.  Since the plotting issue was brought up, I just
wanted to share my findings.

Best regards,

Nickolai