Re: Update progress bar without returning to main loop?

> But this has some nasty side effects. In particular, it means that user
> input like button clicks, text field updates also handled, which is not
> what I want; I need the window to be unresponsive while the above
> mentioned callback is being executed.

How about implementing the progress bar in a "modal" dialog (check
dialog.h) You prevent user input (disable being able to close the dialog
to keep full control and close it once you're done). You can then
implement the updating using a thread or by leaving the loop.