Re: signal within a signal handler

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 09:09 -0500, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> On 9/8/05, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 08:26 -0500, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> > > I'm curious, is it legal to emit a signal within a handler for another
> > > signal?
> >
> > Yes, absolutely.
> >
> > >  The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to do such a thing
> > > and I keep getting a segfault when the event occurs.
> >
> > gdb or valgrind will give more information.
> >

> Here's the backtrace from gdb.

Unfortunately that doesn't tell me much, but maybe investigating the
variables at that point would be informative.

But this looks to me like some kind of memory problem (one of the
objects involved is invalid because it has already been deleted, was
never instantiated, or has been bad-casted from some other pointer) so
valgrind is likely to show the problem.

If even that doesn't help, then it's time to break the program down
until you isolate the problem.

[snip]
www.openismus.com