Re: gtkmm for win32 and Gideon

Hi Igor !

Well, I dropped glade-- as I constantly received reports from users
having problem using it directly in glade (problems with long directory
names, with spaces in them, executable not in the PATH,...). The
tendency with gtk+ is also to move away from code generators and to use
libglade(mm) to load the glade file at runtime. I still have a glade--
binary floating around  but I haven't rebuilt it against gtkmm-2.8 or
gtkmm-2.6 for a long time.  Maybe I could propose it as a separate
download, a zip file or something...

Now, the reason why I added gideon to the installer is because it builds
out of the box on win32 (not much work for me), is a nice piece of
software and is a good example of a gtkmm application that also runs
smoothly on win32. Of course, you're free to use it or to prefer
glade+libglademm...

By the way, gideon also builds and runs fine againt the MSVC gtkmm DLLs
as long as you use the /vd2 compiler flag. This probably means that
Visual Studio 2005 can now be considered as a supported compiler suite
for gtkmm-based applications on win32.

If somebody has a little free time to try to build k3d using Visual
Studio 2005 (or Visual C++ Express 2005)...

Cedric