Re: Gtk::Calendar

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 14:07 -0500, Bob Caryl wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am using the above entitled class in my application.  Everything works
> as advertised except for a class method called "marked_date" that I have
> found in the docs

I don't see that here:
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1Calendar.html

Please be more specific.

You are probably compiling without warnings-as-errors, which allows the
compiler to guess that an undeclared function is void something() and
only fail during linking.

>  that purportedly should allow me to access an array
> containing boolean values that indicate which days during a given month
> have been "marked."
>
> When I compile my code, the compiler complains that
> Gtk::Calendar::marked_date method is undefined.  In point of fact, a
> perusal of gtkmm/calendar.h reveals that it is, in fact, not there.
>
> Anyone have any ideas about what I'm doing wrong here, or possibly were
> I should look to figure this out?  My inability to retrieve which days
> have been marked is pretty much going to render this calendar idea
> useless to me otherwise.

The C documentation suggests that this is a public struct field:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkCalendar.html

Therefore you can access it via the C API. Just use gobj().

A patch to add API for it to gtkmm would be welcome.
www.openismus.com