Added tooltip to display details of items in TreeView

Dear all,

I have just started using gtkmm and forgive me if the question might be a bit silly. But I don't seemed to be able to add tooltip to treeview items. i.e. I wish to display detail of the items in the treeview when I hover hover it. The tooltip object sets the text for the entire treeview, so I thought about listening to mouse motions on the treeview widget and then setting the tooltip appropriately. However as soon as I add content to the tree, the signal_motion_notify_event no longer sends signal to the slot that I connected to.

Thanx in advance.

Tony