glademm

I just upgraded my system to Fedora Core 4 and I need to compile/install
glademm, as I use it on a regular basis. I did post to the glademm list,
but the last message there was on May 19-th, so I'm afraid it's pretty
much dead. Does anybody know what's going on with glademm? Sorry if this
is off topic for this list, but I desperately need help.

When I run configure, I get a bunch of errors due to library version
miss-match.

This is what comes with FC4:

8) amadeus:~> rpm -qa | egrep "(gnome|gtk|glade|bonobo).*mm" | sort
gnome-vfsmm26-2.10.0-1
gnome-vfsmm26-devel-2.10.0-1
gtkmm24-2.6.2-2
gtkmm24-devel-2.6.2-2
gtkmm24-docs-2.6.2-2
libglademm24-2.6.0-1
libglademm24-devel-2.6.0-1
libgnomecanvasmm26-2.10.0-1
libgnomecanvasmm26-devel-2.10.0-1
libgnomemm26-2.10.0-1
libgnomemm26-devel-2.10.0-1
libgnomeuimm26-2.10.0-1
libgnomeuimm26-devel-2.10.0-1

And these are the complaints from ./configure:

checking for gnome-- 1.x version (not needed)... ./configure: line 20873:
gnome-config: command not found gnome-config not found Package
libgnomemm-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you
should add the directory containing `libgnomemm-2.0.pc' to the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libgnomemm-2.0' found
Package libgnomeuimm-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgnomeuimm-2.0.pc' to
the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libgnomeuimm-2.0'
found
Package libbonobomm-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libbonobomm-2.0.pc' to
the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libbonobomm-2.0'
found
Package libbonobouimm-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libbonobouimm-2.0.pc' to
the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libbonobouimm-2.0'
found

I imagine a new configure.in is in order, to get glademm to compile
against the new libraries. I looked at the glademm configure.in and it
says parts were taken from the gtkmm configure.in. Then I looked at the
configure.in from gtkmm-2.6 and I dropped dead. If someone could help me
with these, I could probably take care of the eventual code changes that
might be necessary, but I simply don't have the time to learn automake and
autoconf sufficiently well to write a configure.in.

I'm in dire need of help, and hope someone will help. Thanks!