Re: displaying html

Bob,
thks for the info - no, I'm not having too much luck with gtkmozembedmm. Until I find a way to make it work, I can use gtkhtml - what steps did you follow to get this working (I actually started to use gtkhtml but got stuck in the wrap functions and then was told gtkmozembed would be the better alternative). Now this would make a good wiki article!
John

Bob Caryl wrote:
John Taber wrote:

When I try to compile the gtkmozembedmm package, I get an error of not finding gtkmozembed - is it looking for the gtk program version? Has anyone got this working in gtkmm and can help me with what dependencies were required and any special steps? thks.
John

<snip>

Hey John,

Yeah, gtkmozembemm is the C++ wrapper for gtkmozembed. And yes, you must have the gtk version installed. As you can see from the string of posts I made about gtkmozembedmm, I never got it to work, even when I did have gtkmozembed installed properly. Its --cflags pkg-config results always pointed at a file that did not exist:

Running pkg-config --cflags gtkmozembedmm at the command line specifies
-I/opt/gnome/include/gtkmozembedmm-0.1 as it's first pre-processor
instruction.  Examination of the /opt/gnome/include/gtkmozembedmm-0.1
directory reveals that in the gtkmozembedmm subdirectory there is NO
gtkmozembedmm.h file, but rather another directory called "private" that
contains a file called "gtkmozembedmm_p.h"

My attempts to figure out to where it should point were feckless, as were my attempts to get any answers to this particular question from anyone on the list. I ended up using GtkHTML instead.

I hope you end up having better luck than I did.

Bob Caryl