Re: glade and notebook

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:54:04 +0100, Benoît Touron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a non glade app using a notebook widget. I want to add a page to
> my notebook, but I would like to create this page with glade-- (the GUI
> is fairly complex).
> How can I do this ? The problem is that the base class of
> glade-generated items is either Gtk::Window, or Gtk::Dialog, which
> cannot be emmbeded into a notebook ( the append_page method generates an
>  assert ).
> Can anybody help me, before I start writing the GUI my hand ?

You can have glade generate just a subtree of widgets. So just create
a dummy window, that contains the widget you need and pass name of that
widget to glade. See
http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/ch19.html
On the last line, it shows that Gnome::Glade::Xml::create has optional
second argument -- name of root widget. It can be any widget, so it
can be the one suitable for embedding in Gtk::Notebook.

						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>