gtkmm 2.5 and gtk 2.6

hi

I'm working on getting msvc++, glade and gtk up and running on my
windows box. I have encountered several problem which I hope you may
help me with.

I have msvc++ 6.0 and I have downloaded the gtk 2.6rc3 installer from
gladewin32.sourceforge.net. I had gtk 2.4 working earlier, but now I
want to use c++, which apparently due to some msvc oddity, forces me to
gtkmm (no offence).

I find the gtkmm 2.5.5-2 installer on
http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/ which is a neat installer
for gtkmm for the gtk 2.6 series.

So far so good. And thanks to those of you who make the installation so
easy.

I conclude that msvc++ 6.0 is just to old - I get a lot of errors
regarding RefPtr (?!) and a lot of other errors and warnings.

I installed the visual toolkit 2003 from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/ (for free :-) ) and
after some initial problems regarding code generation and which
libraries to include, my program compiles and links.

But when I run the program I a dll error. Roughly translated from danish
it says: Entrypoint atk_text_clip_type_get_type not found in DLL
libatk-1.0.0.dll.

That was the story, now for the questions:
1) Is it just not possible to make it work using msvc 6.0? People have
tried and failed, but it would be very very convenient for me.
2) Is there a atk 1.6 vs atk 1.9 issue between gladewin32 and the gtkmm
installer? If so, how do we/I fix it. I get absolutely nothing good from
trying with the 2.4 series, but using 2.6/2.5 I "almost succeed" - Is
there a new gtkmm/win32 release planned?

And for some not-so-serious stuff:
How do I tell msvc that .cc files is c++ files, or, even better, tell
glade-- to make .cpp files?

Regards
Morten Bo Nielsen
Topsil Semiconductor Materials A/S