GTKmm dialogs kill Inkscape on SGI IRIX with MIPSpro

Hi,

I have been working on porting Inkscape to SGI IRIX platform by using
MIPSpro compiler set.  Now I have an Inkscape binary that is running
fine except that the instantiation of Gtkmm based dialogs generates
SIGSEGV/SIGBUS immediately.

I am not sure what could be the cause of this problem.  Some user on
the inkscape-devel mailing list suspect it might be related to the
(alleged) buggy compiler.

I am sending this email here and hope Gtkmm developers can give me
more insights of the problem.

I've made a page describing the problem, along with the stack traces
from dbx after Inkscape crashed, my patch to Inkscape, and the
building environment.

http://s92957900.onlinehome.us/is_mips/inkscape_mipspro.html

Thanks in advance.

-- Jeremy