Re: Minor MinGW bug when compiling gtkmm...?

Hi Douglas,

On 12/6/05, R. Douglas Barbieri <dooglio gmail com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what I've found is a bug or perhaps me not grasping the
> concept (that has been known to happen from time to time :-) ), but:
>
> I'm in the process of compiling the GTK+/Gtkmm suite for MinGW, and
> I've come across something that does not compile:
> examples\book\input\main.cc. Specifically, line 52 (mkfifo is not
> found). With the standard MinGW distribution, mkfifo() is not defined
> in sys/stat.h.

Right, mkfifo is not available natively on win32 (as opposed to the
cygwin posix layer). I have not built the example set for quite some
time. I guess I'll have to take a look at this particular example and
either adapt it or remove it from the list for the win32 platform. In
the meantime, just remove the corresponding entries in the Makefile
and continue with your build.

As a side note, you can find win32 binaries of gtkmm at

http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/

(when the site will be up again later today !).

Cedric