Re: Libpropc++

I don't think there's any big problem with libsigc++'s templates versus
LGPL, and our intention is explictly stated.

Anyway, it's a generic C++ problem. Almost every modern C++ library will
use templates in its API. Therefore, if you want a sensible opinion, you
should take this to a more generic C++ and/or licensing forum. Or at
least the libsigc++ mailing list.

If there was a real problem, we'd probably want to relicense under an
MIT/BSD-style license. But we would then lose quite a lot of
contributions, and end up with multiple hacked copies in various places,
with subtly different APIs, because companies often just take that code
without giving back their improvements.

This licensing thread is big enough already. Don't repeat yourselves
much more, please.

www.openismus.com