Re: Libpropc++

Ramashish Baranwal wrote:
> Yes, what I was asking was whether it was likely that template class authors > would be able to separate declarations from definitions effectively any time > soon. I mean 'effective' in the context of the previous discusion, for an

The standard does make a provision for this through its export
keyword. However as far as I know, no current compiler implments this.

No it doesn't, export will not allow a user to not ship full code for a templated function/class. (And the Comeau compiler supports export). See http://www.gotw.ca/publications/mill23.htm and http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2003/n1426.pdf for example.

cheers,

roel