Re: How to return data from a thread?

--- Bo Lorentsen <bl lue dk> wrote:

> Kevin Brooks wrote:
>
> >I want to know how to return data from a thread.
> >

> This has little to do with Gtkmm, but the hint could
> be to use a pipe or
> a semaphore to indicate thread termination, and
> store the returned data
> on the haep, as the heap memory are shared between
> threads.
>
> Hope this helps :-)
>
> /BL

Hi Bo,

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.

According to the documentation about Glib::Thread
class(http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/glibmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGlib_1_1Thread.html),
there is a statement saying that "if you want to
return any data from your thread you can pass an
additional output argument to the thread's entry
slot".

I don't quite understand what it means. Is anyone out
there know how to do it?

Thanks

Kevin

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs