Re: GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file

Akos Maroy wrote:

this might be a bit off-topic to this list, as the bug seems to be GTK+
specific, not GTK--, but anyway:

I have the following scenario: I compile all the GTK+ and GTK--
libraries myself, and install them under, say the mydir/usr directory.
so I have mydir/lib, mydir/include, etc. etc.

I compile all my applications referring to this directory, using the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable and -Lmydir/lib for the linker to
find the libraries.

so far, so good. in this setup, everything runs fine.

then, I'd like to package my application, for which I copy some files
over to an installation directory, among others mydir/lib to
installdir/lib, and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH accordingly.

now, if I remove mydir, I can't any more start my application, because
it gives me the following error:

GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file
'mydir/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders': No such file or directory

first of all, how come these libraries have paths hard-coded into them?

second, when I look at these files under mydir/etc, and it seems they
have a loads of hard-coded paths as well, pointing to the original
locations of the libraries, like:

"mydir/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-wbmp.so"
"wbmp" 4 "gtk20" "The WBMP image format"
"image/vnd.wap.wbmp" ""
"wbmp" ""
" " "z" 1

which is very strange indeed. how would I package binary GTK+ then, to
work properly from a directory of my choice?

Akos