Re: [gtkmm] MSVC build - where are the vcproj files?

Rene Jensen wrote:
I'm trying to pick up the trail on this, and from various posts I could understand that a set of patches have been applied adding Visual C++ .sln and .vcproj files to the code, but I can't find them, neither in the gtkmm2.4 source package or in the CVS code.

There are project files for gtkmm-2.2 in the gtkmm-2.2 tarballs. See recent posts in the gtkmm mailinglist (in August) about people who ported these project files to gtkmm-2.4.

I figured something might turn up if I run the .configure script from Msys but I can't guess which parameter to pass for --build or --host.

./configure --build=i386-pc-mingw32 --disable-static

or use my binaries for mingw32

http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/

Will running the .configure script wrap all class declarations, static functions etc. up in the correct dllexport/dllimport macros?

With mingw32, all classes and functions are dll-exported (with -no-undefined -Wl,--export-all-symbols). There is no manually-generated .def file and no explicit calls to __declspec(dllexport/import) in the code, which explains why gtkmm can currently only be compiled statically under MSVC.

Cedric