Re: [gtkmm] Tooltips on Toolbuttons

On Saturday 02 October 2004 20:06, John Spray wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 19:53, Chris Vine wrote:
> > It wasn't attached.
>
> Yes it was!  You're imagining things!  I'm not crazy!  I'm not!  I'm
> perfectly fine, apart...from...this..twitch...

Well, it appears to show that Gtk::Tooltips::set_tip() does not work with a
Gtk::ToolButton object.  That looks like either a GTK+ bug, or an
undocumented "feature" of GtkToolButton.

The GTK+ documentation for the gtk_tool_item_set_tooltip() function says that
gtk_tool_item_set_tooltip():

"Sets the GtkTooltips object to be used for tool_item, the text to be
displayed as tooltip on the item and the private text to be used. See
gtk_tooltips_set_tip()".

The latter comment suggests that gtk_tooltips_set_tip() should also work.
Resetting the tip with Gtk::Tooltips::set_tip() after the tip has been set
with Gtk::ToolButton::set_tooltip() also fails to work (in other words, the
previous tip text is retained).  Can you try the unwrapped GTK+ objects and
see if you get the same result?

Chris.