Re: TreeView::append_column_numeric() format?

Murray Cumming wrote:

[...]
So I would like to add another templated convenience method like this:
Gtk::TreeView::append_column_numeric(TreeModelColumn& model, numeric_format);

But what's the best way to specify the display format for the number? I'd
rather not use that nasty printf() style format. Does C++ have something
more suitable?
[...]
So why not use STL manipulators: std::setfill(), std::setw(), std::hex, std::setprecision(),
std::setbase() and so on?
   Igor Gorbounov