Re: [gtkmm] the future of gtkmm

Paul Grenyer wrote:

Hi

As gtkmm exhibits. Smartpointers are something I've not really looked into properly yet - I suspect perhaps that if I tried using them at work I'd get taken out and shot. We still seem half stuck in C most days :-(

So you're not exception safe either? I feel very strongly that a C++ application that is using dynamically allocated bojects and not using smart pointers is like a loaded gun with the safety take off and a small child in the vacinity.

We catch exceptions in some places and clean up appropriately, but I'm fairly sure there are places we're missing them, and places we don't clean up properly. This is one of the problems when half the development team are still learning proper C++.