Re: [gtkmm] Communicating with other windows - help

Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> writes:

> On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 14:52, Roger Leigh wrote:
>> class model : public Glib::Object
>> {
>>  private:
>>    Glib::Property<Glib::ustring> property_name;
>>
>>  public:
>>    /// Proxy for the "name" property.
>>    Glib::PropertyProxy<Glib::ustring> property_name();
>> }
>
> I don't recommend that you derived from Glib::Object unless you have
> need to implement a GType.
>
> And I don't recommend that you use PropertyProxies unless you want to do
> something with the glib property system. For a start, it's not so easy
> to have the equivalent of a const get_*() method.

OK.  I just thought it would be an easy way to get variables with
"changed" signals "for free", rather than implementing it myself.

So far, I've used my own smartpointer which emits signals on changes
instead, but I thought using GObject properties might be simpler.

Regards,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh