Re: [gtkmm] Communicating with other windows - help

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 14:52, Roger Leigh wrote:
class model : public Glib::Object
{
private:
  Glib::Property<Glib::ustring> property_name;

public:
  /// Proxy for the "name" property.
  Glib::PropertyProxy<Glib::ustring> property_name();
}

I don't recommend that you derived from Glib::Object unless you have
need to implement a GType.

And I don't recommend that you use PropertyProxies unless you want to do
something with the glib property system. For a start, it's not so easy
to have the equivalent of a const get_*() method.

What do you recommend?