Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm RPMs for Fedora Core 2; peless, please try it out.

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 07:53 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> >On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 02:49 -0700, Denis Leroy wrote:
> >> For crying out loud, where?
> >
> >Why aren't you asking Fedora about Fedora RPMs?
>
> Because we all know that they don't have them.

1. They do have RPMs for gtkmm 2.2. They might be in fedora.us rather
than fedora.redhat.com, but that's how Fedora works at the moment.
2. If you don't ask them, then they'll never know that you want them.
Why must I ask them on your behalf?

>  And because gtkmm.org
> appears to be trying to provide information on where to get them, but
> is in fact missing such information for FC2 and ...

What happends when you follow the instructions? As far as I know, FC2 is
just an update for FC1. I don't think anything works fundamentally
differently. Or are they incompatible?

> >I'm not using Fedora, but our download instructions:
> >http://www.gtkmm.org/download.shtml
> >tell you to
> >"Use yum: yum install gtkmm2-docs to get the runtime, development, and
> >documentation packages."
> >
> >I guess that is gtkmm 2.2, but hopefully it gives you a clue.
>
> and its wrong, too. freshrpms.net,

Get Fedora RPMs from Fedora, not from freshrpms. 3rd-party RPMs will
give you problems.