Re: [gtkmm] GTKmm2.4 installation: requries libsigc-2.0.so.0

Hi!

What sort of package are you trying to install? If you are installing from source you should download the source package of libsigc++ avalailable from http://libsigc.sf.net. If you are trying to install some rpm file you could usually find libsigc++ rpm:s where you find gtkmm rpms. However, third party rpm packages are not officially supported by gtkmm. Rpm packages should be supplied with the distribution.

Anyway, I am not 100% sure that you will be able to install latest gtkmm on rh7 or rh9. I think recent gtkmm and libsigc might depend on features not avalaible on the compilers used in such old distributions. You might consider upgrading to fedora core 1 or 2. Someone else might be able to tell you if it is possible to compile gtkmm-2.4 from source on gcc 2.9*...

Regards

Daniel Sundberg

---
http://sumpan.com

Ramachandra Putti wrote:

Hi all,
When installating glibmm2.4, it asks for libsigc-2.0.so.0. I have searched the net but it is not available. Please suggest alternatives or loacation of the file. Does any one have a package which installs GTKmm2.4 on RH 9/7.3. I am facing so many problems and its taking a lot of time. If location of the package is also provided, it would be fine. Thanks Ramachandra