[gtkmm] Increasing SWAP memory w/o formatting HDD

Hi all,

I am asking a question about  Swap partition.
I work on  Redhat Linux 7.3 previously i had 128 mb ram on my machine
and my swap partition was 256 mb. Now i have increased  my RAM capacity
to 256. As linux recommended swap area should be double as RAM.
How i could increase my Swap partition without formating my hard disk.
Because after increasing RAM i am unable to run my important programs.

It gives  "could not allocate enough memory for an uncompressed image "
error when i run it.

Thanks inadvance

I have also solved the installation of GTKmm2.4 libraries. I shall reply tommorrow for the benefit of all.

Ramachandra