Re: [gtkmm] cannot find gtkmm.h

Ok, I did everything all over again.  Here are the packages I installed in sequence:

glib-2.4.2
libsigc++-2.0.3
glibmm-2.4.3

I only did configure, make, make install.  I didn't edit anything else.
gtkmm-2.4.4 also needed atk and pango.  So I installed atk-1.7.1 and pango-1.4.0.  After running configure, I got an error in both atk and pango:

*** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.4.2, but GLIB (2.2.3)
*** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of GLib. You may also be able to fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If pkg-config was wrong, set the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH
*** to point to the correct configuration files
no
configure: error:
*** GLIB 2.0.0 or better is required. The latest version of
*** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/. If GLIB is installed
*** but not in the same location as pkg-config add the location of the file
*** glib-2.0.pc to the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

if I can't install atk, I also can't install gtk+-2.4.3 since it needs atk.

I did everything above as root.  In my previous email, I said that I was able to install most of them.  This moring I checked their folders and didn't even see a Makefile.  Maybe I was just _too_ tired that night.  Sorry for the mistake.

I'm not so good with linux.  Maybe you could give me a detailed, step-by-step solution?  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!

--- Robert Rakowicz <b9001 rjap de> wrote:
Paul Rivera <paul_r atenista net> writes:

Hi,

> compile with: g++ MyApp.cc -o MyApp `gtkmm-config --cflags --libs`

gtkmm-comfig is for gtkmm-1.2 for 2.x you need `pkg-comfig gtkmm-2.0
--cflags --libs` I think

Pozdrawiam/Gruß/Regards
Robert Rakowicz

--