-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Cedric Gustin [mailto:cedric gustin swing be]
发送时间: Friday, January 16, 2004 5:16 PM
收件人: jonnyyu online sh cn; gtkmm-list gnome org
主题: [other] Re: [gtkmm] Link problem using gtkmm with MSVC 7.1

At 05:27 PM 1/15/2004, Jonny Yu wrote:
>I'm trying to build the example code of gtkmm with MSVC 7.1,
>Although I got several warnings ,such as
>
>e:\Dev-C++\gtkmm\include\gtkmm-2.0\gtkmm\entry.h(402): warning C4250:
>'Gtk::Entry' : inherits 'Gtk::Object::Gtk::Object::set_manage' via
>dominance
>
>e:\Dev-C++\gtkmm\include\gtkmm-2.0\glibmm\containers.h(321): warning
>C4181: qualifier applied to reference type; ignored
>
>the sample did compiled through, the problem is I don't have the lib
>file (in .lib format). I downloaded the win32 port of
>http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/
>however the lib format is in .dll.a format, which could not be
>recognized by VC linker.

Right, because of the different C++ name mangling schemes used by gcc
and
MSVC, their import libraries are incompatible. You cannot simply rename
the
.dll.a files to .lib (unlike their C counterparts, in most cases).

>Where can I find the .lib format gtkmm lib file?
>If not, can I build the .lib file from source or convert the .dll.a to
>.lib format?

I only support mingw32-gcc on my page but the projects files for MSVC 7.
1
are in the MSVC_NET2003 directory. Don't know if they are up to date
and/or
if somebody provides binaries.

Cedric