RE: [gtkmm] API documentation: aiming for 100%

> > I think that 100% API documentation should be possible, and it's an
> > easy way to help.
>
> I'm familiar with Doxygen, but not with the way Gtkmm
> preprocesses its source--where should the documentation be
> placed?

Most .h and .cc files are generated from .hg and .ccg files. Doxygen
documentation should be placed above the method declarations in the .hg
files. Methods that are generated by _WRAP_METHOD() will almost always have
generated documentation automatically, so you don't need to worry about
them.

You can read more about gmmproc in glibmm/docs/internals/

>  Would it be OK for non-developers to contribute patches?

It's always OK for anyone to submit patches:
http://www.gtkmm.org/bugs.shtml

> I've checked out Gtkmm from CVS.  Is the mainline the right
> place to be working from?

Yes:
http://www.gtkmm.org/cvs.shtml

> I don't have a huge amount of free time, so this would
> probably be on an "as I find something undocumented that I
> need" basis.

OK, but this should not take much time. It's just a case of
- looking at part of the C++ docs
- finding undocmented methods or classes
- looking at the C docs.
- Writing C++ docs based on those C docs.

murrayc usa net