[gtkmm] I am an Indian Giver. Can I unmanage an object before removing it?

I have used the manage method in giving a page to a notebook.  I have
changed my mind in this particular case.  I now want the page back!
That is, I want to remove it without deleting it. If I call
set_manage(false) before removing it, will that do what I want?
I.e. remove it from the container without deleting it.

Thank You.

P.S.
I guess the pharse Indian giver means I am not politicaly correct.
Should I have said native American giver? Thats probably just as bad.

--
Paul Elliott                       1(512)837-1096
pelliott io com                    PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J