Re: Signal handlers - please help to understand

> Igor Gorbounov wrote:
>> I need a help in understanding this thing: what is actually done when
>> somewhere in a program some signal is emitted?
>
> A widget calls g_signal_emit() with parameters to be passed to the
> signal handler. Any code that registered to receive that signal gets
> called in gsignal.c with g_closure_invoke().

He seems to be asking about what happens when he emits his own custom
sigc::signal. sigc::signals don't use g_signal_emit(), or any part of
glib/gobject.

However, I have no idea what question is actually being asked here. Maybe
he is confused because "SIGIO" looks a bit like "signal", but he seems to
have written the code himself.