RE: [gtkmm] Last version of gtkmm known to compile with forte

> From: Adam Chase [mailto:ac5p yahoo com]
> I am using CC: Sun WorkShop 6 update 2 C++ 5.3 Patch
> 111685-11 2002/10/31.  I saw on the website that at
> least some of the versions of gtkmm build with the
> forte compiler.
>
> I tried to build 2.2.0 with forte following the
> instructions I found at
> http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gtkmm-root/base/README.SUN.
>
> And I saw some errors that looked to me like they were
> due to template constructors (which forte doesn't
> support).  I could be wrong (something about ambiguous
> partial specialization?)

I think those were fixed by the Forte patch mentioned in the README.SUN:
  Sun WorkShop 6 update 2 C++ 5.3 Patch 111685-10 2002/09/16

You seem to have an even newer patch level. I guess it's possible that SUN
broke Forte again.

> What was the last version of gtkmm known to build on
> forte?

The latest version should build and I've definitely heard about gtkmm 2.2
building on Forte. I'm CCing  Michael von Szombathely, who tends to know
about gtkmm+Forte issues.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net