Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm 1.2 and 2 parallel rpm install

On Wed, 7 May 2003 08:12:08 +0200 , you wrote:

>> There are now RPMS that allow both versions of libsigc++ to be
>> installed in parallel available for Red Hat 9 at
>> http://shrike.freshrpms.net
>
>So someone needed to fix the libsigc++ spec files in our tarballs? Why
>hasn't someone submitted the patch. As ever, please be very careful of 3rd
>party RPMs in general. They are a constant source of problems.

While your warning is certainly valid it really doesn't apply in this
case.  The RPMs from freshrpms.net are considered to be very reliable
by the Red Hat community and the guy who runs the site packages a
whole bunch of applications for Red Hat releases (including the mp3
decoder for xmms that Red Hat cannot ship).

He also very clearly marks the RPMs as coming from him by placing "fr"
in the package version.