RE: [gtkmm] Glib critical messages on Property<>

On Don, 2003-03-27 at 17:58, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> Glib::Property<> wraps existing properties. It doesn't add properties. You
> would need to use the Glib API for that. If you want to be able to add
> properties from C++ code then please submit a gtkmm 2.4 bug.

Sorry, but that's not true :-)  The whole purpose of Glib::Property<> is
to be able to install custom properties via C++ code.

> > (main.exe:10701): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gvalue.c: line 103
> > (g_value_copy): assertion `g_value_type_compatible (G_VALUE_TYPE
> > (src_value), G_VALUE_TYPE (dest_value))' failed
> >
> > Do I something wrong here? I searched in the docu and the
> > FAQs but I found
> > nothing about my problem. Are there any restrictions for
> > Glib::Value<T*>?

I reckon the problem might be an add_attribute() call with incompatible
types, and not directly caused by Glib::Property<> itself.  IIRC
Glib::Property<> has been used with success for custom types before; try
checking the list archives.

Cheers,
--Daniel