[gtkmm] Dragging an object so that it moves along with mouse pointer

Hi,
I'm trying to drag an object (say a box) so that it moves along with the
mouse pointer, like in GIMP. But I've not succeeded even after spending
days on this. The standard "dnd" example only considers dragging of some
abstract data and not the _physical movement_ of an object on the
screen. It seems that the Gtk::TargetEntry object plays an important
role here, but I couldn't get it to work. Both the documentation and the
header files don't say much about Gtk::TargetEntry. Google and Teoma
were not of much use, probably because Gtkmm is quite new.
   I'd be grateful for any kind of help - hints or pointers, code
snippets, hacks, links to gtkmm applications (preferably having dnd) or
anything you can think of!

I'm using:
gtkmm-2.0 on RedHat 8.0.

Pramod