Re: [gtkmm] GCC 3.3.1 breaks gtkmm

> I thought that gtkmm 2.2.x had other gcc 3.3.x problems that had been
> patched, but that it now worked. Are you the regular debian maintainer?

I am not the regular Debian maintainer. I'm at a bug squashing party,
looking for release-critical bugs and i got bitten by these
incompatibilities with GCC 3.3.1 CVS 20030626, a few weeks ago when the
application i was working at suddenly refused to build with g++.
There are two issues, i opened a bugzilla bug for them by now.
The fix with reinterpret_cast instead of an invalid static_cast chain
(iirc you can't static_cast a class to a derived class, especially not
when using const types)

The package i built is working here, but not thoroughly tested.
I'll try building the demo apps. etc then maybe upload.
I'm in contact with the maintainer, maybe he'll do the update himself.

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
   erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
       The best things in life are free: Friendship and Love.       //\