[gtkmm] RE: API reference

> From: Giannis Georgalis [mailto:jgeorgal uoc gr]
> Murray Cumming Comneon com writes:
> > > What do you mean by "complete"?
> >
> > I notice now that that is a link to the gtkmm 1.2
> documentation. The gtkmm
> > 2.x documentation is clearly linked from the front page:
> > http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/
>
> Well even this, is not complete ;-( ... for example:
> http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/reference/html/group__gtkmmEnums.html#a89
>
> One has to read both the gtkmm2 and the gtk+2 api references to find
> what he is looking for.

Please report specific documentation bugs in bugzilla, as you would other
bugs.

> Additionally one *major* disadvantage of the
> documentation is that the html page of a class does not contain links
> to the inherited functions that exist in the hierarchy.

As Matthew Walton says, there is a "List of all members" link that seems to
give you what you want. I think this is far preferrable to cluttering up the
page it.

> This makes it
> extremely difficult to find in one glance the right function at the
> right time ... that makes the source code a better ref-manual than
> the reference manual itself.

I don't understand. Headers don't redeclare inherited members either.

> Do you want any help improving the reference manual?

Of course. It might help to review the bugs and bugs fixed recently. Here
are some documentation bugs fixed recently:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W3C711145

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net