Re: [gtkmm] Messed up includes somehow

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 07:45, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> Im trying to compile the following simple test program:
>
> #include <gtkmm/gtkmm.h>

That should be <gtkmm.h>

> int main()
> {
> 	gunichar a;
> 	return 	0;
> }
>
> When I run:
>
> g++ test.cc
>
> I get the following error:
>
> In file included from /home/ryanm/test.cc:1:
> /usr/local/include/gtkmm/gtkmm.h:29:20: glibmm.h: No such file or
> directory
> /usr/local/include/gtkmm/gtkmm.h:30:19: gdkmm.h: No such file or
> directory
> /usr/local/include/gtkmm/gtkmm.h:32:26: gtkmm/object.h: No such file or
> directory
> [snip]
>
> Yet I know all the files are in '/usr/local/include/gtkmm/' from when I
> ran:
>
> ./configure && make && make install
>
> on gtkmm-2.2.3.tar.gz downloaded from the website.

Please actually check that they are there. And tell us how you are
compiling your file. There is information about this in the FAQ and a
gtkmm_hello package to help you if you are unfamiliar with autotools.

>  But if I change the
> first line to:
>
> #include <gtkmm.h>

I don't know why you did not do this in the beginning.

> as is recommened in the documentation ( which appears to be quite out of
> date ),

Please report any bugs that you think are in the documentation. It
should be up to date.

>  it cant even find that.

murray usa net