Re: [gtkmm] get a reference from a Gtk::TreeValueProxy

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 10:37, erwan ancel wrote:
> Well, I did not try it, but it does compile. The only trouble I get is that
> I cannot access my custom data without calling the "=" operator which is
> potentially heavy...

So it would be best to store the pointer. If you are worried about the
efficiency of copying by value then you shouldn't encourage the TreeView
to do it internally either.

You might like to patch TreeValueProxy in gtkmm 2.4 to allow
get-a-pointer-or-reference-to-the-value.

murray usa net