[gtkmm] Faking a delete event?

Hi,

I've recently encountered an interesting problem. I would like to bind
Esc to closing a minor window - so in order to reduce the complexity
of the code as much as possible, I thought the easiest thing to do
would be to simulate a signal_delete_event for the window, just as
when a user presses the close window decoration.

Is that possible?

I do know how to work around the problem by other means; would just
like to hear if a better solution exists.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/