[gtkmm] Resize notification for Gtk::Image/Gtk::EventBox?

Hi,

sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm pretty new to gtkmm and I don't
know too much about GTK+. If questions like these are already answered
somewhere, just tell me which FM to R, but Googling for this didn't yield
anything particularly enlightening...

I'm using a Gtk::Image to display the contents of a Gdk::Pixbuf. The
Gtk::Image is wrapped in a Gtk::EventBox so I can receive events.
Displaying the Pixbuf and receiving key press events via
EventBox::signal_key_press_event() works fine.

Now I'd like to get notified whenever the Gtk::Image's size changes so I
can update and redisplay the pixbuf. I tried connecting to
EventBox::signal_configure_event(), but this signal never seems to get sent
(I even tried doing a EventBox::add_events(Gdk::ALL_EVENTS_MASK) even
though configure events should always be sent, if I understand correctly).
Isn't this the right signal to look for? If so, what other options do I
have?

Thanks,
Martin