Re: [gtkmm] treeview problem

erwan ancel wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with a treeview: I just use is as a list, but one column
of this list is special: I need to display different widgets on lines.
for example, line one must be text, line 2 a toggle, and line 3 a
picture.
Is this possible ? I am looking at the CellRenderer object, but it seems
to be customisable for editing the cell (that I also need), but not for
just displaying it.
CellRenderers are assigned by column rather than by row, so it's not possible to have a different kind of CellRenderer in each row displayed by a TreeView in a particular column.

However, such a thing would probably be possible if you wrote your own CellRenderer class which wrapped itself around the existing ones, or mimicked their functionality, so that you could achieve the same effect. Unfortunately there is no way to achieve such an effect with TreeView without writing your own CellRenderer.

Alternatively, you could try constructing a scrollable widget containing a Gtk::Table and using that instead, but obviously that presents completely different challenges and may not be at all suitable.

Regards

Matthew