RE: [gtkmm] Generating .glade(s) from within an app?

 > I've been thinking about making a clone of a program for the
> macintosh called "FileMaker Pro". In FMP you could lay out a
> bunch of fields and create a database, placing the fields
> arbitrarily, graphically. I was thinking to implement that
> capability I could make the program generate .glades , and
> save the in a .tgz along with the berkeley DB file. Do you
> people have any ideas about this? Is making my own .glades
> even necessary?

I'm not sure that it's a good idea. You'd have to either use glade itself or
reimplement it's layout functionality. But a .glade file is just XML, so
creating it would not be difficult.

I have also thought about implementing this part of the FileMaker
functionality. If I ever get around to it, I will restrict the layout a lot
more. FileMaker layouts are still a bit too difficult, but people always
want to create the same columnar layouts. Well, some people want to do wacky
stuff, but I don't think that should make things more fiddly for most
people. I am getting off topic.

murrayc usa net