Re: [gtkmm] Pixbufs in treeviews under win32

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 03:12  PM, Ole Laursen wrote:

I had a similar issue with pixbufs and treeviews where compiling the
program with -O3 would make the program crash with a mystical type
mismatch error from glib, whereas -O0 worked fine. I just need to get
around to producing a smaller test program that exhibits the same
behaviour.

The error is

   GLib-GObject-WARNING **: unable to set property `text' of type
   `gchararray' from value of type `GdkPixbuf'

Bingo! That's the same error I was getting.

If I remember correctly, the problem seems to happen when you add the Gtk::TreeModelColumn< Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Pixbuf> > to a Gtk::TreeViewColumn directly, using Gtk::TreeViewColumn::pack_start().

Come to think of it, you are right--it is probably related to the optimization level rather than NDEBUG or _DEBUG preprocessor macros. I got that wrong idea because I have "debug build mode" and "release build mode", and, yeah, you probably see where my logic failed.

I'll see if I can throw together a small program that will reproduce this bug later tonight. If it isn't already in the bug tracker by then, I'll add it.

--- darco
http://www.deepdarc.com/