RE: [gtkmm] Solaris boolean checkboxes in TreeView

> Much to my surprise, however, the gtkmm configure
> script selects
> the Solaris linker by default, **even if it is not in your PATH**.

Default to the Solaris linker on Solaris sounds sensible to me. But I don't
understand how it finds it if it's not in your path. Also, surely it's in a
very common path?

> So ... in my opinion the linker selection is a bug in the
> gtkmm configure
> script, although I suppose there could be room for debate on
> that point.  At
> a minimum it needs to be documented somewhere (but where?)

Please show us examples of other packages (e.g. GTK+) that do things like
you expect. At that point you should probably be able to make a patch too.

> Furthermore, the linker selection seems to be handled
> automagically by some
> arcane configure.in macro, so even if we want to change the
> behavior of
> configure, I'm not sure it's straightforward.

If this is a problem with autoconf in general then you should investigate on
the autoconf mailing list.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net