Re: [gtkmm] canvas event hierarchy

Am Mon, 2003-04-07 um 15.15 schrieb Paul Davis:

> X (and GDK and GTK and the canvas) don't work this way.

I'm new to gui programming, so maybe I misundertand some things :)

> i have written a lot of canvas code, and i have not needed the
> functionality you describe. perhaps you need to explain why you think
> you need it. i just keep track of the various item's locations (or ask
> them for it), and then figure out where the drag ends using that.

Ok,

I want to visualize a db.
I need draggable tables (Groups) and in them I need draggable fields
(also implemented as Groups).
I want to be able to drag a field from one table to another and insert
it at the mouse position.

a)
In the target table I want to create space at the mouse-position for the
field (sliding the fields up and down). That should happen while i drag
the source field around.
So at least the target table should get events ?

b)
If I drag the source field with the 2nd mouse button I want the target
field to acquire the data of the source field.
In my eyes the target field should get events.

Of course I could keep track of all fields and their coordinates and do
some own kind of 'event' handling but that sounds dowdy.

cu
--
 e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
 Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539